Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88372
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Group Exercise Instructor leads members through group exercise activities. The Group Exercise Instructor educates participants about useful and safe exercises, assists them in achieving exercise goals and creates a fun workout environment for all populations pursuant to the fitness standards. Instructor leads members through group exercise activities in a classroom setting.
1. Educates members on safe techniques and guidelines. Greet all members and orients new participants. Instructs class to the ability level of the students participating. Monitor participants through perceived rate of exertion. Works with participants to achieve fitness goals. Encourages new participants and orients them to class.
2. Instructs group exercise classes according to schedule and according to company standards. Starts and finishes class on time as scheduled. Stores all equipment neatly and appropriately. Documents equipment problems in club maintenance log and reports problem to Service Manager. Attends instructor trainings and supervisor’s meetings.
3. Participates in all Wellness Center events, promotions and marketing events.
● High School diploma or GED
● Aerobic or group exercise instruction certification
● For exercise classes where certification does not exist, verified training may be considered as a substitute for certification in areas of: Tai Chi, Pre-Natal Yoga, Senior Fitness, Children’s Fitness, Adolescent Fitness, Hip Hop, WSI, Line Dancing, and the like.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Six (6) months experience in leading group exercise activities
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to deal with a diversity of individuals. Ability to communicate with people of all age groups. Strong Communication skills. Knowledge of safe exercise technique and principles. Ability to effectively demonstrate all skills being taught to participants.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Meadowmont Wellness Center
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.