Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89147
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manages imaging operational services 24 hours/day 7 days/week. Collaborates with the supervisor of each of these areas to provide an ongoing assessment of personnel and equipment needs while responding to organizational demands.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Adopt and assist in the CQI process within the department and section, as well as those that cross into other departments within the Health Care System
2. Facilitate compliance with regulatory guidelines in each of the assigned service areas, and collaborate in providing compliance department-wide. Maintain equipment according to all regulatory and institutional directives. Develop and update department and section policies and procedures, review patient scheduling, participate in supervisor and staff meeting, maintain an open dialog with Radiologist and Department and Hospital Administration
3. Maintain clinical competency within his/her discipline
4. Manage direct reports though regular staff meetings, yearly performance evaluations, counseling employees in issues related to professional growth and behavior. Assist in recruitment of personnel, including interview(s) and hiring decisions. Manage personnel records manage schedules including work, call, vacation, and holiday, manage time and attendance.
5. Plan, design, and prepare budget(s) for assigned modalities, e.g., Nuclear Medicine, CT, MRI, etc. in collaboration with the respective area's supervisor. Manage the budget in those areas to remain within operating and capital budget amounts.
6. Provide leadership within the department and organization. Through activities that include, as examples mentoring new supervisors, and monitoring and assisting in training and competency programs. Advise radiology supervisors on technical issues/problems through counsel and facilitation.
Associate's degree or completion of an accredited Radiologic Sciences Program.
Registered or certified in a specific Radiologic discipline by the American Registry of Radiological Sciences. Must maintain registry status and continuing education requirements annually.
Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
Five (5) years of experience in a specific imaging discipline, including three (3) years of supervisory experience (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Caldwell Memorial Hospital
Organization Unit: Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: $34.65-$43.51 (minimum-midpoint)
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.