Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89450
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The OR Attendant is responsible for the transport of pre-operative and post-operative patients, assisting with positioning of surgical patients, cleaning operating rooms between surgeries, maintaining equipment and storerooms, obtaining supply carts and special order items, and assist with direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse.
• Planning/Implementation of Care - Performs delegated duties as a member of the surgical team under the supervision of an RN. Safely completes pre-op skin prep as outlined in physician orders. Obtains case needs for each OR suite including positioning aids, equipment, and room supplies.
• Transports patients to and from nursing units as well as specimens, blood, and blood products to the laboratory. Aides in positioning and holding limbs for surgical site prep.
• Maintains safe environment for patient care by effectively completing in between case cleaning for Operating Room. Demonstrates knowledge of cleaning agents and their intended use. Maintains surgical department/hallways free and clear of clutter. Ensures scrub sinks are stocked with necessary supplies, cleaned frequently, and are free of debris. Stocks assigned supplies and equipment as needed.
• Assists with all aspects of room set up and room clean up as well as relieving co-workers for meals and breaks.
• Assists with other patient care activities as assigned by circulator.
High School diploma or equivalent
Completion of an approved Nursing Assistant course
Experience working in a surgical setting
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Operating Room
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.