Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89214
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Campus Safety Sergeant manages and directs teammates in general patrol, traffic enforcement, and investigative work. The Campus Safety Sergeant requires knowledge of staff availability, skills and resources to designate assignments. Establishes teammate work expectations, reviews reports, and assesses team performance based on these standards.
1. Supervises, leads, and/or coordinates operations of officers in providing protection of persons and property by enforcement of campus rules and regulations; and conducting investigations of incidents on campus.
2. Coordinates response to emergencies and general calls for service that occur on campus.
3. Ensures officers maintain a highly visible profile through frequent patrols of the Hospital campus property to prevent, detect and address unacceptable behavior.
4. Responds to, investigates, resolves (if possible) and documents reported security incidents/complaints.
5. Following established procedures and State statutes, physically restrains unruly patients and/or visitors and individuals posing a threat to themselves, visitors, hospital employees and/or property and if necessary, involves police in removing visitors and provides assistance including court testimony.
6. Assists law enforcement agencies in criminal investigations through exchange of information if needed.
7. Provides job training to new and established security personnel and evaluates on-going training needs for teammates.
8. Evaluates and documents performance and provides feedback to teammates assigned to shift.
9. Maintains proficiency with all security related equipment to include CCTV cameras, Axon Body Cameras, and radios.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent.
All certifications for CSO I and CSO II in addition to the following:
Armed Security Officer Instructor through NCPPSB.
At least one year with a private security agency is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Ability to interact professionally and appropriately with teammates, providers, patients and the public.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Proficient with MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly.
Valid NC Driver’s License: No
If driving a Wayne UNC Vehicle, must be 21 years old and MVR must be approved by Risk Management.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: WMH Police Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 1.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.