Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 90864
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Orthopedic Patient Navigator serves as the first point of contact for patients moving through an orthopedic practice and system of care. This role is responsible for assisting physician(s) in the provision of care through routine interaction with patients, family members, and other clinic and hospital associates. Under the direction of a physician, this role educates patients on next steps in the clinical process, and schedules procedures, testing and other appointments to suit.
• Acts as the primary point of contact for established patients during their course of care. Educates patients regarding ongoing clinical expectations under the direction of a physician.
• Monitors for patient questions over a range of media including dedicated phone lines, walk-ins or MyChart inbaskets. Coordinates prompt response, answering as able and escalating to clinical staff as needed.
• Communicates with patients and clinical staff to coordinate and schedule clinical visits, testing or procedures across a wide range of clinical resources. Organizes follow-ups and referrals. Communicates with patients and care team to coordinate visits aligned to clinical resource and patient availability. Informs patient of selected time and expectations.
• Reviews upcoming resource scheduling to ensure optimal usage. Contacts and integrates wait-listed / upcoming orders into scheduling plan. Collaborates with peers to accommodate changes in availability / access in order to facilitate optimal utilization of clinical resources.
• Ensures completion of required protocols for pre-operative care, hospital pre-admissions, and nursing home placements through comprehensive patient education and communication.
• Assists patients with securing referral appointments. Notifies patients and provider of test and lab results and schedules follow-up appointments as appropriate.
• Reviews electronic medical records (EMR) to ensure complete documentation in patient chart including proper consent and waiver forms.
• Promotes a safe, clean, and secure hospital environment for all, including the application of standard precautions and principles of infection control.
• Associate’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience and/or education/training in medical terminology.
• Experience performing in a customer service role.
• Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-9/ICD-10 coding.
• Experience working in or with an Electronic Medical Recordkeeping (EMR) system such as EPIC.
• Experience scheduling clinical resources such as testing or procedures
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: SE Sports Med
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.