Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 89137
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Nuclear Medicine Technologist performs diagnostic procedures by administering radiopharmaceuticals, operating highly technical instruments, and analyzing the acquired data under the direction of a physician.
• Conducts radiological imaging screening, ensuring both the safe function of equipment and pursuing the best quality imaging from the procedure.
• Reads and comprehends imaging and radiopharmaceutical orders, engaging with radiologist when orders are unclear, complex or warrant deeper review.
• Interviews patients to understand risk factors and prior medical history components that may warrant a more in-depth examination for safety, e.g. for pregnancy risk.
• Gathers consent for injection for applicable orders. Establishes intravenous access and applies radiopharmaceutical(s).
• Receives delivered radiopharmaceuticals, ensures proper documentation and proper preparation and/or disposal. Assists with planning and administration of overall radiological safety program.
• Selects appropriate scanning protocols and imaging parameters using extensive knowledge of human anatomy, pathology and the capabilities/limitations of both hardware and specific imaging sequences.
• Guides patients, some distressed, through their examination, applying subject matter expertise and cultural competency to explain the exam. Sets expectations and calms patient for effective imaging.
• Must have registered credentialing with the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB)
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
• One year of clinical Nuclear Medicine experience preferred
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Nuclear Medicine
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.