Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89750
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Engineering Technician performs skilled work of moderate to significant difficulty in the general and specific repair, construction and maintenance of hospital buildings, grounds, vehicles, facilities, equipment, and electrical and mechanical devices. This includes emergency, preventive and customer requested work performed under the supervision of a more experienced maintenance mechanic or supervisor in compliance with applicable standards and practices.
• Observes mechanical devices to determine proper operation, initiates repair when needed and communicates problems to appropriate personnel.
• Initiates requisitions for parts and supplies in collaboration with team leadership.
• Repair damaged equipment or facility components as assigned.
• Performs or assists with the prompt resolution of emergent maintenance need as directed by leadership or incident command, as necessary to prevent harm or injury to patients, visitors or staff, or secondarily damage to equipment or to the facility.
• Performs scheduled maintenance according to assigned priorities as necessary to keep equipment, device or condition being serviced in good working order.
• Other Duties as Assigned - Including but not limited to exterior maintenance, cleaning mechanical rooms, landscaping work, office furniture moves, transporting equipment for repair and other duties as needed.
• Completes routine handiwork tasks as assigned, such as exterior maintenance or installation of furniture / décor /shelving
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Three (3) years of experience performing maintenance and repair projects including experience in all forms of maintenance.
• Experience working in a large facility maintenance role
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.