Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91646
Location: Kinston, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Lenoir Health Care
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Safety Officer will work across the organization and continuum of care to support high-quality and efficient operations that will support the reduction of medical/health care errors and other factors that contribute to unintended adverse patient outcomes. This position will require leading meetings and teams, analysis of data, and collaboration with a multidisciplinary team for performance improvement activities. The Coordinator will work closely with department leaders, clinical staff, medical staff, and hospital leadership to ensure appropriate reporting and follow-up activities are being conducted to meet compliance for regulatory measures and meet organizational goals. Needed skills and knowledge include ability to design and oversee organizational-level plans, ability to coordinate and lead multi-disciplinary teams, proficiency in analysis and reporting of clinical information, proficiency in Microsoft Excel, and ability to effectively communicate information across the organization and collaborate with individuals on patient safety activities.
1. Coordinate the activities of the Patient Safety Team, including management of internal variance Reporting system.
2. Support and encourage error reporting throughout the organization through a nonpunitive error reporting system.
3. Track and trend data from variance reporting system, share data as appropriate with stakeholders and Patient Safety Organization.
4. Oversee the management and use of medical error information. Review internal error reports and utilize information from external reporting programs.(Medication Safety Alerts, Health Device Alerts)
5. Investigate patient safety issues/sentinel events within the facility. Facilitate Root Cause Analysis of internal errors.
6. Recommend and facilitate change within the organization to improve patient safety, based on identified risks.
7. Collaborate the development of policy and procedures effecting organizational change.
8. Develop a mechanism for internal communication of patient safety related information.
9. Design and implement educational presentations that facilitate the understanding and implementation of patient safety standards within the organization.
10. Assists with hospital wide culture of safety survey.
11. Serve as a resource for clinical departments on issues of patient safety.
12. Support the development of a recognition program aimed at improving patient safety.
13. Evaluate and measure clinical safety practice and documentation against standards and regulations.
14. Coordinates and/or facilitates regulatory related proactive risk assessments as necessary.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Legal Employer: Lenoir Health
Entity: UNC Lenoir Health Care
Organization Unit: Health Info Services
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 0.50
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: LENOIR MEM
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.