Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 86216
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Department of Rehabilitation Therapies at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill, NC is actively seeking a Per-Diem Pediatric Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP). This SLP will perform diagnostic and rehabilitative speech/language/cognitive and/or feeding/swallowing services for complex neonatal, infant, and pediatric populations. The incumbent will maintain competencies in neonatal and infant feeding/swallowing, pediatric feeding/swallowing, and speech/language and cognitive assessments.
This position will provide frequent weekend coverage and weekday coverage as needed.
1. Analyzes results of diagnostic and/or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and/or modify subsequent treatment programs.
2. Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient speech/language/swallow rehabilitation services.
3. Provides counseling and/or feedback to patients and/or family members regarding patient's care through team meetings and/or direct contact.
4. Participates in innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
5. Maintains valid and reliable records of patient procedures, progress and/or recommendations.
6. Provides clinical speech-language pathology services--assessment and planning.
● Graduation from an accredited Speech-Language Pathology program.
● Licensed as a Speech-Language Pathologist by the North Carolina Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathologists and Audiologists.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of relevant experience or completion of a one (1) year clinical fellowship.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Administers complex diagnostic tests and evaluations of speech, language and swallow disorders. Must have knowledge regarding the impact of airway, GI, neurological, cardiac involvement on oral motor and swallowing function.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Speech Therapy Acute
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Flat Rate: $44.96 per hour
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.