Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89054
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Rex Pastoral Care Services is seeking a Pastoral Care Manager to add to their team! The Pastoral Care Manager will provide competent and compassional patient care, ensuring patient safety to hospitalized patients and family, managing daily operations, accredidations, and overseeing the Clincial Educational Program. The ideal candidate must be a Certified Educator with ACPE (Association for Clinical Pastoral Education).
1. Provides input, develops, and implements plan(s) for pastoral care services with full consideration of patient safety needs.
2. Provides group and individual pastoral supervision of interns/residents in the clinical pastoral education (CPE) program: Residency, Summer, and Extended units. Provides supervision in supervisory education program as appropriate
3. Provides budget input for assigned area.
4. Maintains accountability for budgetary resources, within approved allocations, for assigned area. Monitors expenditures and reports variances. Takes corrective action as appropriate.
5. Evaluates employee's performance and program outcomes and implements improvement activities.
6. Plans, coordinates and integrates department services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization. Interacts with all departments which impact assigned area.
7. Monitors and assures the implementation of policies and procedures that guide and support the provision of services.
8. Coordinates, leads, and participates in performance improvement activities for service.
● Master's of Divinity degree(MDiv) or equivalent.
● CPE ;ACPE;ordination and ecclesiastical endorsement from denomination/faith group.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● A minimum of three years of related business experience, to include experience managing projects, programs, staff, and managing budgets.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Pastoral Care Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.