Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 89532
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Our Perinatal Services Department is comprised of Lactation Consultants, Perinatal Educators, Birth Certificate Registrars, Car Seat Technician and a Newborn Screening Coordinator. Our services include breastfeeding support, pregnancy and parenting classes, completion and filing of birth certificates with the local and state departments of Vital Statistics, infant safety seat checks and State mandated infant screening. Our team consists of Registered Nurses, Educators, Child Passenger Safety Technician and Administrative staff who are committed to delivering high quality and compassionate care with a family centered approach.
Summary:Collaborates with healthcare team members to provide educational instruction and support for expectant families and the community. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Adheres to hospital infection control policies for Women's and Children's Services including hand-washing, nails, jewelry, and dress code.
2. Demonstrates proper response to hospital codes and alerts according to policies.
3. Displays proper identification at all times and observes infant security measures according to established guidelines.
4. Utilizes a variety of teaching techniques in educational presentations.
5. Demonstrates knowledge, enthusiasm, organization and responsiveness during class instruction.
6. Establishes and maintains effective interpersonal relationships with clients, family members, physicians and co-workers.
7. Communicates with health-care team members to ensure consistency and quality of information through attendance at instructor meetings and observation.
8. Maintains updated knowledge of class content and certification as appropriate.
9. Teaches required minimum number of classes to meet the needs of clients.
● High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Bachelor's degree preferred.
● C BIRTH ED;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One year experience in women's health education in hospital or clinic setting required. Experience in health education, and obstetrics preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, interpret, and communicate clinical information, technical procedures, and health care issues. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, members of the business community, and the general public. Ability to effectively present information to public groups. Ability to educate both adult/pediatric learners. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to implement critical thinking skills required.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Parent Prenatal
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.