Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91084
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
• 8hr shifts on a rotating schedule to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
• This is a hybrid position. Monday – Friday, daytime shifts are in the office in Chapel Hill, NC. All other shifts are work from home.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Telehealth Patient Care Technician supports programs operated by Virtual Care Services including the UNC Health Virtual Practice and Acute Telepsychiatry. The technician provides essential clinical and technical support and care coordination for patients and care teams (providers, nursing, and administrative staff) in our virtual programs. The technician must possess excellent customer service and organizational skills, comfort navigating technology and virtual care tools, and ability to effectively problem solve. The position requires CMA certification.
• Ensures excellent customer service by consistently demonstrating a caring, positive, professional, and helpful disposition in all interactions with patients, families, and care teams. Meets call quality standards.
• Works via work queue to complete patient support calls or coordinate virtual consultations based on program needs.
• Tests hardware functionality, audio and video connection, and network bandwidth connection with patients and care teams.
• Advises on best conditions to perform video visit and provides on demand troubleshooting support to patients and care teams as needed.
• Assists with My UNC Chart set up and patient navigation as needed.
• Ensures and verifies key patient information (insurance verification, patient, and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
• Completes virtual rooming process, including collecting patient reported data and documenting in medical record. Data may include vital signs, height, weight, and data related to patient’s reason for visit. Additionally, may collect patient and family data, including medical and social history. May review patient’s current medication list, allergies, and preferred pharmacy. May reviews the patient record to determine whether patient requires any routine health screenings.
• Tracks and documents patient support sessions.
• Enhances co-worker satisfaction by being self-motivated, a positive communicator, team player, and a willing and approachable resource to other co-workers.
• Embraces continuous improvement.
• Communicates cancellations to clinic as necessary.
• Additional Essential Responsibilities of Coordinator may include Serving in a preceptor role for new hires.
• Requires high school diploma or GED Licensure/Certification
• Clinical certification as CMA Professional Experience Requirements:
• Prefer candidates with medical office experience as a CMA Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities
• Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above
• Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers
• Proficiency with documentation in the Electronic Medical Record via computer
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tool
● Requires high school diploma or GED.
● Clinical certification CMA required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Prefer candidates with completion of clinical training.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to perform the essential functions of the position as outlined above.
● Demonstrated effective communication and interpersonal skills.
● Demonstrated ability to engage positively with patients and families and to work as a team with staff and providers.
● Ability to use a computer to document required information into the electronic medical record.
● Ability to use computer to document required information in excel.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: Virtual Practice Patient Support
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.