Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 88847
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Revenue Cycle Analyst serves in an analytical and consultative capacity providing data driven insights and actionable information to drive improvement, increase efficiency, and implement best practices across Inpatient and Outpatient Clinical Documentation Integrity (CDI) and Hospital Coding (HB Coding) Health Information Management (HIM) Revenue Cycle operations. The Revenue Cycle Analyst is a key liaison between the HIM Operational area and all leadership roles impacted by CDI and HB Coding functions. The Revenue Cycle Analyst will work closely with HIM operational leadership to provide financial and operational data analyses to enhance organizational decision-making related to the impacts/scope/priorities of CDI and HB Coding.
100% remote This is a remote position eligible for hire from: Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.
1. Revenue Cycle Analysis - Provides financial and operational data analysis to generate insights that advance Departmental, Entity, and System initiatives and improve performance. Develops and maintains reports, dashboards, and balanced scorecards using visual analytics that provide enhanced insight and improve organizational decision-making.
2. Customer Presentations - Develops and delivers impactful presentations for senior executives, departmental and/or hospital leaders, and/or at meetings with other key stakeholders. Follows best practices for presenting and utilizes correct template and formatting to provide consistent and easy to understand data analysis.
3. Technical Support and Expertise - Leads training and education of team members and end users, including preparation of instructional materials such as PowerPoint presentations and procedural documents, in collaboration with HIM CDI and Hospital coding leadership. Identifies and keeps abreast of emerging revenue cycle trends, recommending and designing analyses to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
4. Collaboration and Teamwork - Collaborates with HIM CDI & HB Coding Operational leadership to develop analysis and messaging to impacted departments/entities .
5. Solutions Delivery – Serves as the HIM CDI & HB Coding revenue cycle expert and liaison for customers, developing solutions to operational and coding and CDI functions through collaboration with Revenue Cycle departments.
6. Systems Impact – Identifies revenue cycle trends in the data that drive process improvements for revenue cycle, assigned departments, and the system. Completes enhancements that positively impact the health system’s bottom line through increased KPIs and return on investment tracking.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two years of experience in revenue cycle analysis or healthcare data analysis; healthcare consulting, or relevant clinical operations.-Experience in health system or private practice revenue cycle or operations.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Experience managing multiple and competing tasks and priorities with delivery deadlines in fast paced, complex environment. Great attention to detail and accuracy. Must maintain excellent communications with
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HIM CDI
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.