Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92186
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Night Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the direction of department management and according to policies and procedures as defined in the Department Policy and Procedure Manuals, the Respiratory Therapist, Senior demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in respiratory care and assigned patient care areas. The Respiratory Therapist II administers competent care of patients through airway management, mechanical ventilator management, oxygen therapy, aerosol therapy, respiratory care procedures and treatments designed to assess, prevent, stabilize or remedy patients respiratory dysfunction.
1. Administers standard Respiratory Care including but not limited to, aerosol medication delivery, basic bedside pulmonary function testing, breathing exercises, oxygen therapy, (Not inclued in Per DIem Job) and arterial punctures. Provides for all aspects of airway management including aspiration of established airways, tracheostomy care, tracheostomy tube changes, endotracheal intubations and extubations. May perform Pulmonary Function Testing as needed.
2. Carolina Air Care - When working with Carolina AIr Care may Transport pediatric and neonatal patients from referral hospitals per UNC Air Care Protocol. May perform respiratory care and advanced practice procedures per UNC Air Care Protocol. These procedures include UAC, UVC, IV insertion, intraoaaeous insertion, Chest Tube insertion, Needle Decompression, ABG's, Blood Glucose monitoring, and others as deemed necessary by the medical control officer.
3. ECMO - When working with ECMO may manage the Extracorporeal circulation for cardiac and respiratory support of patients.
4. May be required to be on-call days, nights, weekends and holidays.
5. May Perform all aspects of ventilator care to include, but not limited to setting up the ventilator and verifying function using specialized ventilator modes to manage the patients disease process. Provide for an appropriate monitoring of these patients and provide appropriate weaning techniques.
6. Maintains and improves job knowledge and skills. Functions independently with minimal supervision. Serves as resource to other staff reflective of experience level.
● Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
● Current certification as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) required. Note: Current teammates with active Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) certification by the NBRC and a minimum of 15 years of experience as a CRT and are ineligible for the RRT board exam with demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of respiratory care also qualify for this role.
Dependent upon population served and regardless of if RRT or CRT, all teammates must have at least one of the following depending upon practice area: Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – Adult Care , Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) - NICU, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - PICU/Rex, Certified Pulmonary Function Technologist (CPFT), or advanced practice certificate to administer moderate sedation in Bronchoscopy Lab. All certifications must be maintained as required by the certifying body.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Two (2) years of experience as a Respiratory Therapist
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read, analyze, and interpret clinical information and technical procedures. Ability to document clinical information. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from patients, physicians, family members, and other staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical situations.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Cardiopulmonary
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Night Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary per hour: $25.94 - $32.43 (minimum - midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.