Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91064
Location: Smithfield, NC
Facility/Division: Johnston Health
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
1. Accounting - Ensures accounting functions and duties are accurately and promptly completed. Ensures smooth workflow by establishing effective schedules and balanced distribution of work. Prepares journal entries and balances work in more complicated accounting areas. Oversees account reconciliation and balancing. Researches and resolves accounting errors and discrepancies. Follows-up to ensure corrections are recorded. Assists with budget preparations and financial analyses. Prepares reports and statements for management. Ensures accounting functions are completed in accordance with established procedures and applicable regulations. Recommends changes to procedures when warranted.
2. Project Management: Responsible for program and project assignments working independently or collaboratively as appropriate to accomplish the more complex Accounting analysis. Identifies issues and develops strategies to address them prior to issue becoming critical. Keeps leadership informed of project(s) status and any potential problems or political concerns. All assignments are completed on time within the boundaries of the agreed upon delivery date. All outcomes are explained to customers and concerns are constructively resolved.
3. Leading People: Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
4. Reporting & Analysis: Validates and analyzes data relating to Accounting metrics. Develops and maintains reports. Proactively works to improve reporting (value-add, efficiency, quality, speed) and delivery processes considering all available technologies.
5. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produces high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of the Health Care System and applies financial concepts and practices to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
● No licensure or certification required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of accounting experience including complex financial analysis and reporting, along with some exposure to preparing data and reports that support strategic financial recommendations to key executives in an organization.
If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of progressive accounting experience including complex financial analysis and reporting, along with some exposure to preparing data and reports that support strategic financial recommendations to key executives in an organization.
If a High School diploma: Eleven (11) years of progressive accounting experience including complex financial analysis and reporting, along with some exposure to preparing data and reports that support strategic financial recommendations to key executives in an organization.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Johnston Health
Organization Unit: Finance
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Smithfield
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.