Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92667
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Administrative Director of Human Resources provides strategic human resources and talent guidance for UNC Health Pardee, a multi-site hospital system with more than 1500 employees. The role is tasked with supporting a high-preforming workplace culture which includes an engaged and productive workforce through our policies, programs, and practices. The Administrative Director of Human Resources leads the delivery of a robust foundation of services and specialized expertise including people and organizational development, talent acquisition, labor relations, compensation, benefits and absence management, human resources information services, and on-boarding/off-boarding.
• Leads, coaches, and develops an assigned team of Human Resources professionals, including subordinate leaders. Fosters independence and autonomy through the delivery of timely, thorough, and constructive feedback on performance. Distills strategic direction nested within own assigned priorities. Defines key performance metrics and goals for operations improvement.
• Identifies and mitigates people-centric risks across the organization, whether regarding compliance, best practices, or ongoing strategic concerns such as market compensation deviance or strategic talent pipelines. Monitors and ensures the organization's compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations. Reviews and modifies policies and practices to suit.
• Safeguards and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion for the organization through the administration of ongoing and specific initiatives.
• Collaborates with financial and operational leadership on strategic workforce planning. Facilitates internal talent mobility processes, including status changes and promotions.
• Stewards people-centric data, including personal identifiable information (PII), for executive analysis and organizational planning
• Designs and leads ad hoc and annual performance management evaluation processes/systems. Advises leaders and subordinate staff in the resolution of sensitive performance management issues.
• Leads the design and administration of the organization’s total rewards programs, including compensation, benefits, and merit / incentive awards. Ensures regular ongoing evaluation and adjustment of rewards program for cost and effectiveness.
• Facilitates the resolution of disputes and investigations through both planned processes and direct involvement. Collaborates with counsel as needed.
• Defines and pursues strategic talent goals through the administration of a competitive and effective acquisition and retention system.
• Facilitates learning and development efforts across the organization through effective onboarding of new staff, administration of continuing education incentives and programs, and leadership of strategic initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred.
• At least five years of human resource management or related leadership experience required.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly preferred.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Human Resources
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.