Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92668
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director of Laboratory Services leads a team of medical laboratory professionals and administrative staff in the operation of a hospital-based medical laboratory and associated offsite lab services.
• Leads a team of medical laboratory professionals and administrative staff in the operation of a hospital-based medical laboratory and associated offsite lab services. Distills strategic direction nested within own assigned priorities. Defines key performance metrics and goals for operations improvement.
• Collaborates with clinical and operational stakeholders regarding strategic organizational initiatives regarding laboratory service offerings.
• Supports strategic financial goals of organization through administration of defined budget. Recommends capital spending based on preliminary cost-benefit analysis. Participates in operational budgetary planning process.
• Defines and administers a laboratory operations plan, including workforce planning and productivity metrics, in collaboration with executive and financial leadership.
• Provides direction and subject matter expertise to assigned clinical laboratory staff and ancillary support staff.
• Administers quality programs and regulatory and accreditation requirements to ensure excellence and compliance of laboratory operations. Ensures that the laboratory passes all audits and maintains accreditation.
• Evaluate competency programs for new and existing staff to ensure compliance with regulatory standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related life science.
• Seven (7) years of clinical experience working in a medical laboratory.
• Five (5) years of supervisory or management experience.
• Must hold a medical laboratory certification as issued by the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or American Medical Technologists (AMT) association.
• Strong working knowledge of requirements for College of American Pathologists accreditation and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certification.
• Experience developing and documenting laboratory processes, policies and procedures.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• MBA, MHA or similar advanced degree.
• Previous experience managing laboratory services across multiple locations.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Lab Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.