Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91861
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position establishes direction and provides leadership for initiatives and organizational processes that achieve growth, efficiency, and operational excellence. In consultation with senior executive and C-suite leaders, the Director is responsible for managing multiple initiatives and operational plans simultaneously, while ensuring consistency with the organization’s strategy and goals and effective collaboration consistent with the organization’s values. This includes recruitment and on-going development of a team that evaluates, designs, plans, and coordinates all aspects of health care operations.
1. Operational Planning and Execution – Provides leadership for operational initiatives. Consults and collaborates with C-level leaders to develop and implement operational plans to achieve growth, efficiency, and operational excellence. Builds organizational systems and processes that connect strategy to execution by aligning strategic objectives with the resources and action plans necessary for successful operational execution. Ensures resources are available to support plans and initiatives. Positions the organization for success by identifying new opportunities and by developing and improving services consistent with the long-term interests of the organization.
2. Leading Change – Initiates and manages the change process. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to translate vision into action. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change, taking steps to remove barriers and/or accelerate its pace. Rapidly adapts to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles to achieve organizational goals and initiatives. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
3. Leading People – Leads people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations, and holds others accountable for achieving results. Provides feedback and works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Leads in a deliberate and predictable way and operates with transparency. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence.
4. Results Driven – Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality, timely services. Fosters a culture of safe and compassionate patient care. Understands the clinical, operational, and financial performance of the organization and cultivates and analyzes these data types to assist in decision making and to track performance. Responsible for departmental budget development and performance.
***Please submit Cover Letter and Resume with your application***
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline; Master’s preferred.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of relevant experience (e.g., operations, consulting, process improvement, project management, etc.), with at least five (5) years of management experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to work autonomously and with senior executive and C-suite leaders. Ability to lead complex programs or initiatives. Knowledge of improvement methodologies and project and change management techniques and tools. Excellent analytical and communication skills, including facilitation and presentation skills. Ability to excel and achieve results in a team-oriented, matrixed environment. Highly responsive to customers.
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH Operations Support (Clinical Operations)
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.