Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 86970
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for the management oversight of the oncology physician practice, oncology infusion, and radiation oncology at the comprehensive cancer center site.
1. Responsible for efficient staffing to meet patient and departmental needs. Responsible for the hiring process, orientation of new coworkers, and evaluation of the coworkers' performance to ensure safe, quality patient care and to ensure Rex standards of performance are met.
2. Evaluates patient and staff satisfaction and implements programs for maintenance and improvement. Addresses patient/family, physician, and coworker concerns in a timely manner and follows up as needed.
3. Provides direction for the delivery of cost effective, quality patient care or service based on established regulatory, professional, and organizational standards. Develops, implements, and maintains policies and procedures.
4. Prepares and maintains accountability for departmental budget and utilization of resources. Identifies variances and implements measures to address the variance. Regularly reports the financial status of the department to the Regional Practice Administrator and Executive Director.
5. Plans, coordinates and integrates services within the department and with other departments throughout the organization.
6. Supports corporate and departmental goals and seeks ways to meet or exceed goals. Leads and/or participates on teams to achieve targeted results.
7. Responsible for performance improvement activities. Leads, participates on, or organizes teams that develop, test, and implement performance improvement solutions.
8. Responsible for monitoring the compliance of all charging and the supporting documentation to ensure proper billing as appropriate in the department. Audits as needed and regularly reports outcomes to the Regional Practice Administrator and Executive Director.
9. Responsible for the management oversight and daily operations of the oncology physician practice, oncology infusion, and radiation oncology clinic at the comprehensive cancer center site.
● Bachelor's degree in Business, Healthcare Management, Nursing, or a related field or equivalent. Master's degree preferred.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● With a Bachelor's degree, three (3) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory outpatient setting.
● With an Associate's degree, seven (7) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory outpatient setting.
● With a High School diploma or GED, eleven (11) years of healthcare leadership experience in a medical office or ambulatory outpatient setting.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, clinical documentation, and legal documents. Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to inquiries from patients, family members, physicians, staff members, regulatory agencies, and community members. Mathematical Skills: Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret extensive technical instructions.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Garner Hematology Oncology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.