Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 78000
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The CT Technologist produces diagnostic CT scans under the clinical direction of a Radiologist while taking responsibility for film quality, patient care, safety, sterile technique and providing education for staff and students. The CT Tech participates in other necessary activities in support of departmental operations.
1. Patient Identification- Uses professional manners and methods, verifies patient identification, obtains patient history, assists patients and family members that require extra attention, insures patient understanding whenever possible, and insures patient safety. Verifies patient identification, asks and documents pregnancy status on patients of child bearing age.
2. CT Scans- Obtains images per protocols, manipulates images according to protocols, performs multi-planar and 3D reconstruction of image data, demonstrates a thorough knowledge of CT algorithms, and selects appropriate window and level setting according to anatomy.
3. Contrast- Administers oral contrast to adult and pediatric patients according to protocols, establishes intravenous lines, administers IV contrast following safe and proper injection procedures, follows correct procedure to determine contrast eligibility, checks appropriate lab values before contrast injection per protocol.
4. Image Transfer- Maintains thorough understanding of PACS, and transmits images to QC, UNCH’s EMR, EPIC and PACS, verifies and segments images at the QC station, accesses IMPAX service tools to verify images transmission, completes, modifies and/or cancels orders in an appropriate and timely manner, cancels duplicate orders to avoid duplicate billing. Insures that all charge information is accurate. Verifies patient identification in accordance with UNC policy, insures that all appropriate demographic information is accurate and on the PACS images.
5. Other Duties- Performs task in a timely manner, runs the schedule creating a consistent workflow, volunteers to work on challenging tasks, difficult procedures and new research, produces quality diagnostic images, reviews patient's chart and reports for correlation, maintains a clean and orderly work environment, creates and keeps documentation of incidents as improvement opportunities for employees and the department. Precept new employees and students.
1. Graduate of an accredited school or program of Radiologic Technology.
2. Current Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Radiographers.
3. Completion of formal training program in CT Technology is preferred along with ARRT-CT certification.
4. New graduates with required education and credentials are eligible to apply.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Radiology Ct Scan
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.