Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 93363
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Radiologic Technologist II produces radiographic and diagnostic studies under the clinical direction of a Radiologist while takeing responsibility for film quality, patient care, safety, sterile technique and providing education for staff and students. In addition, the Technologist will participate in other necessary activities in support of departmental operations. The Radiologic Technologist II will operate radiology and fluoroscopic equipment to make clinical diagnostic x-rays films as directed by physicians.
1. Produces routine and specialized, portable and surgical radiographs and specialized studies to include, but not limited to: bone survey, peg placement and scoliosis series.
2. Applies radiation safety guidelines and patient protection guidelines.
3. Provides emotional support, comfort, general assistance and information to patients.
4. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to provide appropriate care based on the age of the patients served.
5. Coordinates or collaborates with physicians and nursing staff.
6. Operates and maintains radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment, film processors, computers and other departmental equipment.
7. Documents to the patient record.
8. As assigned, provides instruction in the basic theory, technical skills, and application of radiologic procedures to other employees, new employees and students.
9. Participates in quality control, quality assurance and quality improvement activities.
10. Performs clerical, darkroom, film processing, patient transportation and other miscellaneous functions in support of operations.
1. Graduate of an accredited school or program of Radiologic Technology.
2. Current registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
3. Current BCLS certification.
4. 2 years of Healthcare/Medical - Radiology (Imaging and Therapy) experience
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Radiology Diagnostic
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Work Schedule: Monday - Thursday - 9 hour shift plus call
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.