Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92229
Location: Durham, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Serves as a principal roles in implementing and supporting department clinical systems, including the role of defining and maintaining the configuration of complex systems to continually meet the operational requirements of the department. Serves as the principal liaison between the end-users, vendors and information services for any and all application system issues.
1. Defines and maintains the configuration of a system to continually meet the operational requirements of the department and/or is able to alter operations to meet the capabilities of an existing system.
2. Documents detailed business processes and associated application processing. Assists in development of detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
3. Formulates/defines scope and objectives for department systems development and implementation. Acts as business expert and assists users in defining needs. Devises or modifies procedures to solve application problems, considering equipment capabilities and limitations, and form of desired results. Acts as principal liaison between the user community, vendors and Information Services on problem solving and improvement to new and existing operational systems.
4. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals/objectives
5. Participates in testing existing and new systems to verify correct functionality. Tests and validates appropriate processing of new releases and added functionality on departmental systems. Analyzes implications for inclusion into the system. Assists in development of test scripts. Works with Information Services to coordinate the updates, releases and new versions.
6. Prepares financial/operational analysis materials for departmental and institutional planning and process improvement. Identify through data analysis, opportunities for improvement in business or application processing. Participates in the planning and establishment of departmental reporting.
7. Provides business process and application support to users. Analyzes and interprets program or system problems and determines and initiates appropriate corrective action. Communicates as necessary with vendors and Information Services to resolve problems.
8. Provides user training for physicians, technologists and other staff, providing tips and techniques of using systems applications for desired results. Coordinates employee training for new system implementation. Assists with workflow modifications
● Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information System Management, Math/Science or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: One (1) year of experience working with clinical information systems in a healthcare business.
● If an Associate's degree: Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working with clinical information systems in a healthcare business.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Nine (9) years of progressively responsible experience working with clinical information systems in a healthcare business.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: UNC HCS SSC Pharmacy Retail
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Durham
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Health Care System, in a department that provides shared services to operations across UNC Health Care; except that, if you are currently a UNCHCS State employee already working in a designated shared services department, you may remain a UNCHCS State employee if selected for this job.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.