Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92637
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Facility/Division: Pardee UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Clinical Registered Dietitian plans diet therapy for the Bariatric Program patients as prescribed and conducts nutritional education programs for the Bariatric Program throughout the community.
• Coordinates all aspects of nutrition care and consulting with other multidisciplinary healthcare professionals as part of the bariatric surgery team. Applies knowledge of the nutrition care process to include nutrition assessment, identification of nutritional diagnosis, implementation of appropriate nutrition intervention, and formulation of patient goals to determine programmatic success both pre-operative and post-operative. Uses best practice for determining post-operative dietary guidelines and nutritional supplement needs. Reviews clinical and bio-chemical data to formulate nutrition care plans that encompasses socio-economic and psychosocial factors.
• Develops and coordinates group and individualized nutrition education curriculum along with instructional material that includes comprehensive language in a format that is easy to understand. Participates in development and implementation of the clinical pathway associated with patient flow. Assures nutrition standards of practice are set and followed within the bariatric program. Responsible for management of post-treatment care within the clinic and patient outcome achievement.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary care team to provide nutrition expertise, promote quality patient experience and ensure continuity of care. in collaboration with peers, physicians and other members of the health care team.
• Enhances and/or maintains education initiatives related to the bariatric program and nutrition.
• Current licensure as a Registered Dietician as issued by the North Carolina Board of Dietetics/Nutrition (NCBDN)
• Credentialed as a Nutrition and Dietetics Technician, Registered (NDTR) as issued by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics (AND)
• One (1) year experience in working in a Dietetics role
At Pardee UNC Health Care, we lead with the heart. A local organization with deep regional ties, Pardee is a not-for-profit hospital system in Hendersonville, NC, aimed at improving the health of the communities it serves. While independently financed by its operations and foundation, Pardee is owned by Henderson County and managed by UNC Health. Our connection with the Western North Carolina region gives us focus, and our association with UNC Health provides the tools to succeed.
Our system consists of a core hospital licensed for 222 beds, an outlying primary and specialty care physician practice network, and a number of urgent care clinics. These operations are supported by more than 1800 team members, covering comprehensive clinical care as well as a wide array of support services including foodservice, facilities management, human resources and more. Come be happy with Pardee.
Learn more at pardeehospital.org/careers.
Legal Employer: Pardee - HCHC
Entity: Pardee UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Bariatric And General Surgery
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 32.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: PARDEEHOSP
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.