Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 94102
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: Health Alliance
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Health Alliance is UNC Health’s statewide clinically integrated network and population health services organization. The mission of this team is to transform healthcare delivery on behalf of more than 7,200 physicians by offering patient-centered solutions to populations covered under alternative payment models. Joining this team means you will work closely with physicians, practices, payers, business leaders, and community partners to improve the quality and accessibility of care while lowering the cost of care for patients, payers, and businesses. We are a growing team looking for top talent to help us with creative solutions that improve patient care and help make healthcare more affordable. The successful applicant will be a key member of the finance team and will be charged with identifying medical expenditure trends within value populations, partnering with teams across Health Alliance to design and pilot strategies to reduce costs, and evaluate the financial impact of the changes. Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Sr. Business Analytics Consultant is responsible for operational efficiencies, and financial oversight for a Major division. May also assist with strategic planning and performance improvement initiatives. Develop and present complex financial models along with forecasting of established business plans. Leverage data to drive decisions regarding business operations, ongoing projects, departmental strategic planning, and making financial recommendations by gathering data from multiple sources, assessing the value of information and determining the best method for decision-making.
1. Lead (or work as a team member) cross-functional program team(s) for strategic projects across a large complex organization.
2. Provide complex business analytics, advice, and support to senior management in making programmatic decisions related to the preparation and monitoring of the annual budget.
3. Responsible for departmental development of business plans from the concept/ forecasting phase through program launch. Assess existing programs based on actual outcomes and value.
4. Work closely with and advise senior management or physician leadership in both clinical and non-clinical service areas to facilitate profitable growth while maximizing operational efficiencies. Growth may come from a variety of opportunities including improving business performance, expanding existing service lines, forming new service lines or businesses.
5. Data, Dashboard, & Report Assets: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to create accurate and meaningful reoccurring dashboards that provide visualization of the data in a way that communicates existing trends and patterns.
● Requires Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If Bachelor's, four (4) years of experience. If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then two (2) years of experience is required
● If Master's degree, two (2) years year of experience in business analysis, financial management or financial analysis
● If Associate's degree, eight (8) years of experience in business analysis, financial management or financial analysis
● If high school/GED, twelve (12) years of experience in business analysis, financial management or financial analysis
● If PhD, no years of experience is required
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● - Business Objects (or comparable data querying tool) intermediate proficiency required.
● - Performance management analysis or Business plan analysis or Pro Forma development intermediate proficiency required (committee to define before finalizing tracks).
● - Excellent Project Management skills (committee to define before finalizing tracks).
● - Excellent Customer/ Executive relationship management (fulfilling analytics requests; providing analytics insights to answer operational questions; presenting to and supporting executives) - expert proficiency required.
● - Provide visual analysis of data in most effective mode of presentation expert proficiency required.
● - Data Governance Stewardship role commitments, potential.
● - Exemplifies UNC Health System Values.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Health Alliance
Organization Unit: HA Central Administration
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.