Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91701
Location: Butner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant needed for UNC Health Youth Behavioral Health (YBH), in Butner, North Carolina.
Youth Behavioral Health Hospital (YBH) is a 56-bed, 24-hour, locked psychiatric facility located in Butner, North Carolina. There will be four units dedicated to serving children and adolescent with mental health diagnoses, dual diagnosis, substance misuse and complex behaviors. YBH philosophy is grounded in a milieu-based, trauma-informed and therapeutic setting. This facility aims to serve patients with a complex history, including aggression and psychosis. Safety is the key component of the care provided as well as introduction of positive coping skills, healthy living and positive leisure activities. Therapy services will work among a large interdisciplinary team including Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Social Workers, and Nursing Services.
We are seeking a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant with child and adolescent mental health experience who is dynamic, motivated and team oriented. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant shall be responsible for providing a full range of services including standardized assessments, evaluations, providing therapeutic interventions and discharge planning. The Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant will participate in a variety of professional growth activities and mentorship intended to develop and improve patient care delivery and departmental performance. Additionally, the Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant will be encouraged to serve as a clinical educator for level I and level II students occupational therapy students.
The certified occupational therapy assistant shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible team fashion.
The selected candidate will work 4 days a week, Monday - Friday with occasional weekend and holiday coverage.
Experience in hospital based mental health therapy services. Experience with children and adolescent mental health. Seeking individual with experience in developmental disabilities (IDD), autism, and dual diagnosis. Prefer additional training and/or certifications in evidence-based & best practices with these populations (i.e. DIR). Experience in hospital based mental health therapy services. Experience with children and adolescent mental health with ages ranging from 5-17.
1. Contributes to various interdisciplinary team meetings to plan for patient needs, discuss family education plans, and discharge plans.
2. Documents patient treatment and progress toward goals in the medical record. Completes department records for team communication, billing, and statistics.
3. Instructs occupational therapy and occupational therapist assistant students.
4. Precepts occupational therapist assistants and evaluates the learner's competency per department guidelines.
5. Provides skilled occupational therapy treatments to a wide variety of patients. Designs activities or exercises to meet OT goals. Fabricates a wide range of splints. Teaches patients techniques and use of adaptive equipment to increase independence in activities of daily living. Uses group techniques to facilitate therapeutic groups to reach a variety of OT goals. Instructs patient and family in home techniques for discharge.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director
● Graduation from an accredited two-year Occupational Therapy Assistant program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: UNCH YBH Occupation Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 30.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: Butner:NC:27509
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
Salary Range: $24.13 - $30.17 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.