Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 91827
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
*This position qualifies for our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program, which includes up to $20,000 commitment incentive or up to $25,000 tuition loan forgiveness. In addition, this position is also eligible for up to $10,000 in relocation assistance (based on location). Learn more about our UNC Hospitals RN Incentive Program here:https://jobs.unchealthcare.org/pages/unc-hospitals-nurse-incentive-program
Location: Vascular-Interventional Radiology ̶ Memorial Hospital
Scheduled Work Hours: Full time (40 hours/week, weekdays only).
UNC’s department of Vascular Interventional Radiology is seeking a valuable nursing professional to join the VIR team. The ideal candidate is energetic, flexible, patient-focused, and possesses excellent critical thinking skills. Vascular Interventional Radiology and UNC Health support an equitable and inclusive culture. Teamwork, efficiency, and effective communication are essential to our interdisciplinary approach. Vascular Interventional Radiology nursing at UNC combines compassionate, complex and intricate care with a wide variety of advanced technologic, minimally invasive procedures.
Our department has 9 state-of-the-art procedure suites and a 16-bed prep/recovery unit. We provide care in conjunction with:
• UNC’s Comprehensive Stroke Program
• Level 1 Trauma Center
• Aortic Network
• UNC Magnet Program
Nursing care in VIR includes administration of moderate sedation. Orientation is an extensive, individualized, precepted 8 week rotation through procedures and the prep/recovery unit. One year of experience is required in radiology, procedural, perioperative, emergency department, critical care, or intermediate care nursing.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support certification is required within the orientation period, with UNC offering paid onsite training. Specialty certification such as CRN Certification (Certified Radiology Nurse), RN-BC (Certified Cardiac-Vascular Nurse), & CPAN/CAPA Certification are considered an asset for candidates. Professional development and growth opportunities including certification, shared governance, and continuing education are supported for department staff.
This position is 40 hours/week with 10-hour weekday shifts, flexible Monday-Friday shifts to support work/life balance. Self-scheduled and rotating call coverage are required. The position qualifies for UNC’s generous benefits package including PTO accrual.
Provides competent clinical nursing care consistent with professional standards. Reporting and accountable to the Nurse Manager/Director, the Clinical Nurse is responsible for coordinating and delivering patient care utilizing the nursing process in a hospital setting.
1. Education - Participates in identifying and meeting learning needs of self. Attends education programs based on identified learning needs. With assistance, uses patient education materials relevant to patient population. Assesses readiness to learn of the patient/ family/ caregivers. Assesses developmental level of patient and factors affecting ability to learn.
2. Evaluation of Care - Identifies expected patient outcomes. Seeks guidance as needed in revision of plan of care. Participates in discussion with members of the interdisciplinary team in evaluation of patient care. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care
3. Implementation - Demonstrates competence in care of patients with complex problems, including population-appropriate physical, psychosocial, educational and safety aspects of care. Performs bedside point of care testing as required for patient care plan. Utilizes healthcare organization and nursing standards, policies and procedures in delivery of care. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs. Consults with appropriate resources in a timely fashion regarding patients with complex care issues, unusual teaching needs and/or those at high risk for discharge planning.
4. Leadership - With assistance, develops goals to promote professional growth or minimize limitations. Achieves goals and objectives within identified time frame or renegotiates with supervisor. Is knowledgeable about activities which facilitate intra/interdepartmental collaboration. Participates in development and achievement of unit goals and performance improvement activities. Effectively uses communication systems. Participates in promoting cost-effective care. Gives feedback to co-workers. Is aware of public policy and regulatory guidelines affecting the health care environment. Promotes a safe, clean and secure hospital environment for all
5. Patient Assessment - Recognizes data from complex situations to determine priorities for care. Includes appropriate physical, psychosocial, education and safety needs. Synthesizes assessment data into meaningful whole prior to communication to others. Assesses and anticipates discharge needs of individual patients and families. Develops relationships with families that promote their ability to advocate for the patient and their own needs.
6. Planning - Collaborates with patient/family to prepare or update the plan of care. Makes use of available multidisciplinary resources in planning care. Begins to use full range of communication as a means to convey planning. Identifies and addresses cultural and ethnic issues in planning patient care. Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks for patients with complex problems.
7. Research - Reads journals that contain studies or articles that may be applicable to practice. Brings ideas and questions to the staff at large for assessment of applicability.
● Graduation from a school of professional nursing.
● If hired after January 6, 2014, must be enrolled within four years of employment, and obtain a Bachelor's degree with a major in Nursing or a Master's degree with a major in Nursing within seven years of employment date.
● Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of nursing experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Interventional Radiology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.