Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 94422
Location: Siler City, NC
Facility/Division: Chatham Hospital
Status: Per Diem
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital; monitors bed availability, responds to emergency situations, maintains shift report, and provides feedback to managers/directors as needed.
1. Keeps informed of critical patients, police cases, and media interest cases throughout the hospital.
2. Monitors bed availability and assigns and/or assists in the assignment of admissions and transfers appropriately.
3. Support staff in the decision to call the Clinical Manager with staffing needs/extra needs.
4. Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
5. Serves as a representative for Rex Healthcare and keeps the Executive staff informed of activities/incidents on days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays by appropriate reporting.
6. Keeps informed of current policies and procedures in order to be a resource to staff.
7. Monitors hospital wide activity in order to provide assistance as needed. Provides feedback to Clinical Manager/Directors when indicated.
8. Maintains a shift report that details restraint use, sitters and hospital/unit activities and census.
9. Upon being informed of patient transfers to other acute care facilities, reviews forms for accuracy and compliance with EMTALA and maintains a log of these transfers.
10. Adheres to the American Nurses Association Code of Ethics. Participates in performance improvement and quality improvement activities. Recognizes, supports, and utilizes evidence based nursing practices.
● Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited Nursing school preferred.
● Must have NC RN Licensure.
● RN NC LIC;BCLS
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Five years of previous experience is desired.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Chatham Hospital
Organization Unit: Nursing Administration
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 4.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Siler City
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.