Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 93650
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Responsible for directing, organizing and controlling project activities, under the direction of a Project Manager or Director. This position spends >50% of time worked on managing projects. Works with project team members to gather and evaluate business
1. Assists Project Manager in developing a comprehensive workflow process for projects. Reviews project proposal and deliverables with Project Management and other related departments that will be involved to determine proper lead time.
2. Maintains communication with project members to assure timely and efficient completion of jobs, proper communication of issues, and proper documentation of the entire process.
3. May provide administrative support to department by collaborating with Human Resources in the areas of recruitment, organizational structure changes, and personnel changes.
4. May supervise subordinate clerical staff.
5. Monitors and modifies project schedule as assigned. Maintain document control, database management, track project activities and team communication. Assists project team and team lead in strategic meetings and follow up with meeting notes.
6. Prepares and edits presentations and charts. Coordinate meetings, including travel arrangements and expense reports. Maintain Project Managers calendars.
7. Schedules project follow up meetings as needed. Develops and publishes communications to project shareholders. Develops and reviews project status and reports.
● Associate's degree in an appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If an Associate's degree, three (3) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role. If a high school diploma/GED, seven (7) years of experience in an administrative support role and/or projects-related role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: SOM Med Hematology
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.