Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 94647
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Under the direction of the Clinical Manager the Hyperbaric Medical Technician administers hyperbaric oxygen therapy to patients as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician. Operates and maintains the hyperbaric chamber(s) and associated systems and equipment. Accompanies patients in the chamber while undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy, when deemed necessary by the Medical Director. Assists in the delivery of patient care appropriate to the level of his/her medical training.
Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
- Prepares the hyperbaric chamber, equipment, medicine and materials as needed for patients undergoing hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric facility and all associated systems and equipment
- Explains purpose and procedure of hyperbaric treatment of the patient.
- Carries out hyperbaric oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by the Hyperbaric Physician.
- Observes the patients and the hyperbaric systems during the course of hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Reports unusual occurrences to hyperbaric physician and records patients' condition.
- Maintains operating, maintenance and safety logs and other required documentation. Signs all logs as specified in departmental policy and procedure.
- Performs preventive and any other required maintenance on the hyperbaric system.
- Assists with transport of patients as required.
- Assists in maintaining an appropriate inventory of all departmental supplies.
- Reports treatments to be conducted and condition of patients to relief personnel.
- Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NDH Wound Care
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.