Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 92990
Location: Garner, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Practice Manager I is responsible for the management of a single physician practice location with 5 or less providers. This role is responsible for managing all functions of the assigned physician practice(s) operated by UNC Health Care, including organization and planning of the services provided by the practice. The Practice Manager coordinates the smooth operation of the day-to-day activities, provides leadership, makes decisions, sets goals, and assures that quality, performance and production standards are maintained.
1. Ensures compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
2. Responsible for hiring, training, developing, and evaluating employee performance.
3. Provides supervision and direction for all practice staff. Responsible for planning, assigning, and directing work flow. Serves as a resource for decision making and problem solving, and as a liaison between physicians, management, and other departments.
4. Participates in budgetary planning, implementation, and monitoring of all financial aspects of the physician office practice. Responsible for patient scheduling and throughput, physician and staff productivity and maintenance of adequate staffing, equipment, and supplies.
5. Responsible for compliance with billing and accounting procedures, revenue cycle and financial audit requirements.
6. Identifies trends and develops a plan of action to address customer, employee, and physician satisfaction issues. Participates on teams to achieve desired results.
7. Responsible for resolution of facility management, equipment, and safety issues.
8. Ensures compliance with established safety and regulatory guidelines, including HIPAA, OSHA, and infection prevention policies and procedures. Coordinates ongoing unit based performance improvement activities.
9. Demonstrates good customer service skills when interacting with patients, families, and visitors. Demonstrates leadership in communication and team work.
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline.
● None required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Bachelor’s degree in an appropriate discipline. Two (2) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably a physician office or outpatient setting; One (1) year supervisory experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting; one (1) year supervisory experience.
● If high school or GED: Ten (10) years of experience in a healthcare setting, preferably in a physician office or outpatient setting; one (1) year supervisory experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, patients, employees, and the general public.
● Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
● Computer Skills: Ability to utilize practice management and EHR systems, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Pediatrics at Garner
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Garner
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.