Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 94750
Location: Lumberton, NC
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Family Medicine Core Faculty UNC Health Southeastern in Lumberton, NC seeks board certified Family Medicine physicians to serve as Core Faculty to our 8-8-8 Family Medicine Residency Program. Join our mission to educate and prepare community-based physicians to care for rural and under-served populations in southeastern North Carolina and its surrounding region.
• Partnership with Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine
• Incoming faculty will have freedom to build the position around your interests.
• Great lifestyle with nights and weekends off.
• Devote the majority of their professional effort to teaching, administration, scholarly activity, and patient care within the program.
• Serve as a family medicine resident advisor.
• Provide assistance with scholarly activity.
• Assist in the recruitment, evaluation, and selection of medical student applicants for the residency program when active practice of medicine schedule allows.
• Attend and participate as voting member of the Graduate Medical Education Committee.
• Participate as a voting member on special committees when convened.
• Be willing to attend local, state, and national specialty conferences to represent the program.
• Attend leadership and other professional development meetings.
• Fulfills other assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks of them not specifically listed within his job description as directed by employee’s Director or Administrative representative.
• Competitive Compensation Package
* Outstanding Employee Benefits
• Licensed DO/MD in NC or eligible
• Board Certified in Family Medicine
• The Family Practice Residency Training Core Faculty must be qualified to manage and direct residents in a graduate medical education program within the residency training requirements of the American Osteopathic Association, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and applicable laws and regulations.
• Graduate from an accredited family medicine residency program with 5 years of teaching experience preferred.
Located in Robeson County, Lumberton, North Carolina is ideally located on I-95 just 20 minutes north of the South Carolina border. Lumberton is one-and-a-half hours from Raleigh and two-and-a-half hours from Charlotte. Popular beach cities, such as Myrtle Beach, are an hour away! The city is full of history, culture and fun. Hike or bike on the Riverwalk near Historic Downtown, canoe down the Lumber River and enjoy the local festivals and downtown events.
UNC Health Southeastern is a non-profit, comprehensive health care system, with a market draw of 175K. Southeastern Health is licensed for 452 beds which offers a combination of acute care, intensive care and psychiatric services to more than 15,000 inpatients and 61,000 emergency patients annually. The Southeastern Health Heart Center is a 30,000 sq. ft. facility located on the hospital’s main campus, with 100+ heart surgeries annually. Our health system that is proud to have a large group of medical students and three residency programs (Emergency Medicine, Family Medicine, Internal Medicine) operating and rotating on our campus and 30+ clinics.
UNC Health is an award-winning, not-for-profit integrated health care system committed to delivering state-of-the-art health care and outstanding service to patients. North Carolina’s largest academic health system, we proactively focus on healthy-based, personalized care while we change the course of people’s lives. Headquartered in Chapel Hill and affiliated with the University of North Carolina School of Medicine, UNC Health currently comprises UNC Hospitals and its provider network, fourteen hospitals and eighteen hospital campuses statewide.
CONTACT Cindy Leonard, Physician Recruiter [email protected] p (984) 974-4667
Key words: family medicine, primary care, FM, internal medicine, family practice, family doctor
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.