Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92341
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Health Now
Status: Per Diem
Shift: Day Job
The Associate Medical Director of UNC Health’s Advanced Care at Home program is a dynamic, experienced physician leader who is passionate about transforming the future of healthcare. This physician leader is a visible ambassador at UNC Hospital for the Advanced Care at Home Program and is critical to establishing strong clinical relationships with referring physicians.
• Oversees intake operations of the Hospital at Home service line in close partnership with the Advanced Care at Home Medical Director, Program Director and Director of Nursing along with Brick & Mortar stakeholders
• Leads effort to partner with clinical leaders at referral sites to build endorsement for the Hospital at Home program among referring stakeholder groups including physicians, care management, nursing, patients, and their families. Serves as an escalation point of contact for patient intake questions and troubleshooting
• Educates internal stakeholders who may interact with eligible patients. Able to articulate the Hospital at Home’s workflows, benefits, and the patient intake process to internal stakeholders. Consistently re-engages with appropriate groups, acting as a vocal champion of the program, and road-showing to colleagues across the system
• Represents medical providers on committees and represents Hospital at Home activities and initiatives to community agencies, partners, and stakeholders as needed
• Develops and promotes specialty consultation for Advanced Care at Home and maintains relationships with those consultants
• Leads efforts to expand eligible patient populations and standardize intake workflows
• Supervises and coordinates intake activities and standardization of practice in intake for Virtual Hospitalists and Advanced Practice Providers (APPs) via modeling, chart review, mentoring, etc.
• Defines and executes standard of care ‘default’ pathways for patient intake
Shared Responsibilities with Medical Director:
• Performs all clinical and administrative duties expected of a medical provider
• Attends staff and management meetings, including all-staff and site-staff meetings, provider meetings, and others as necessary, including clinical operations committee, quality and safety committee, management team meetings, etc. Manages regulatory pathways and interaction with applicable agencies on the local, state, and federal level
• Introduces, updates, and champions clinical guidelines and standards of care within the medical provider team. Communicates with providers via various modes (email, meetings, one-on-one, etc.) around new Advanced Care at Home developments and initiatives.
• Ensures the provision of high-quality virtual hospital care with excellent clinical outcomes and patient experience
• BC/BE Internal Medicine/Family Medicine/Geriatrics/Emergency Medicine with at least 5 years of experience
• Experience at UNC Hospitals (Chapel Hill and/or Hillsborough campus) or REX Hospitals (REX/Holly Springs)
• Experience in virtual medicine desired but not required • Demonstrates exceptional clinical, leadership, communication, strategic planning, critical thinking, organizational, and time management skills
• Experience with change management
• Demonstrated ability to lead multidisciplinary team. Handles conflict with fairness, courtesy, diplomacy, honesty, firmness, empathy, and confidence
• Flexibility to evolve job responsibilities if/as the program evolves
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.