Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 94898
Location: Rocky Mount, NC
Facility/Division: Nash UNC Health Care
Status: PT No Ben
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Patient Access Representative is responsible for the Patient Access functions including, but not limited to, facility-based scheduling, pre-registration, registration, insurance verification, pre-certification, and financial clearance under the direction of the Supervisor and Revenue Cycle Director.
1. Ensures and verifies key ADT information (insurance verification, patient and guarantor demographics, etc.) is current and accurate to ensure patient safety, charging, coding, insurance processing, and billing accuracy.
2. Completes and documents all governmental, regulatory, financial, and contractual forms in accordance with procedure, and ensures documents are scanned/saved to correct location and are legible.
3. Utilizes price estimation tool, when applicable, as part of the registration process to provide the most accurate estimate to patients.
4. Meets departmental target for up front collections to include deposits, estimated amounts due, co-pays, and/or prior balances.
5. Actively participates in departmental QA by utilizing system work queues, making a personal effort to reduce individual errors, and making corrections. Also utilizes system work queues as a daily part of the registration process to minimize errors.
1. High school graduate or equivalent.
2. Associates or bachelor's degree in Arts/Business is preferred.
3. Must complete EPIC Cadence and Prelude training & must pass exam upon completion of training.
4. Proficiency in computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
5. Customer-service oriented and proficient in written & oral communications.
6. Familiarity with medical terminology.
7. Incumbent will be required to work every other weekend/as needed, three (3) out of six (6) holidays as needed, and rotating scheduling/shifts based on department staffing needs.
Legal Employer: Nash Hospitals
Entity: Nash UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: NGH Registration Discharge
Work Type: Per Diem
Standard Hours Per Week: 8.00
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 2:00pm-6:30pm
Location of Job: NASH HC
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.