Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 95411
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Temporary Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Summary: Performs nursing activities specified on the Student Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under direction of the assigned preceptor.
1. Performs nursing activities specified on the Student Nurse Extern Task List, safely and correctly, after successful demonstration of task or activity. Practices within the limits of the position and under direction of the assigned preceptor.
2. Identifies learning needs in collaboration with RN preceptor.
3. Demonstrates growth in confidence, while developing and gaining proficiency in using nursing skills.
4. Communicates effectively with patients, families, and hospital staff.
5. Maintains effective working relationships with members of the health care team.
6. Participates in unit activities such as staff meetings and patient care conferences.
7. Provides input and observations to patient care nurse to support the plan of care.
8. Observes progress of patients and reports findings to appropriate staff nurse and/or charge nurse.
9. Attends all classes and learning activities set up for the Student Nurse Extern or as directed by the preceptor.
● Completion of junior (first year) level in an accredited School of Nursing and evidence of active enrollment in a nursing school required.
● BLS for healthcare provider.
● Active listing on NC Department of Health and Human Services NAI Registry.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● None required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, technical operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write technical operating procedures and routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with users, vendors, and technical staff. Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Heart & Vascular Services
Work Type: Temporary Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.