Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 92403
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
UNC Healthcare's Rehabilitation Services is accepting applications for a Occupational Therapist for the Ambulatory Care Center Hand Center and UNC Therapy Services Cary Clinic. The outpatient position includes evaluation and treatment of various upper extremity diagnoses including arthroplasties, fractures, tendon repairs, nerve repairs/compressions, and tendonopathies. Candidate should be competent in splint fabrication for above diagnoses including static progressive/dynamic splinting. Candidate must be able to work well on their own but also collaborate with onsite interdisciplinary group of healthcare professionals. Excellent time management, communication, organizational skills and flexibility due to walk in/add on nature of clinic from various hand surgeons. Clinical experience with OP hand therapy required. Certified Hand Specialist preferred. The selected candidate will work Mondays and Wednesdays in our Cary clinic and the remaining days at the ACC.
1. Diagnostic Testing - Administers basic & complex diagnostic tests and evaluations in the area of Occupational Therapy for the treatment of functional deficits and related impairments.
2. Education - Teach & supervise graduate Occupational Therapy students and/or clinical fellows/residents. Develops or contributes to innovative programs to enhance patient care. Serves as resource consultant to other clinicians in respective specialty area.
3. Evaluation of Care - Analyzes results of diagnostic and or therapeutic testing to establish patient goals and or modify subsequent treatment programs. Identifies expected patient outcomes. Communicates relevant information to promote continuity of care.
4. Implementation-- Selects and applies current and advanced techniques to provide quality and efficient rehabilitative services. Provides habilitation/rehabilitation and maintenance of persons with related impairments. Organizes and prioritizes care according to patient/family needs.
5. Outreach/Community Involvement-Serves as resource to North Carolina government departments and statewide health professionals in specialty areas. Presents at local (university/hospital) or state level, participates in community health screening and events. Participates in the development of new clinical programs to meet emerging needs in conjunction with the clinical specialist and/or department director.
6. Participation - Contributes to quality of clinical services through attendance and participation in departmental meetings and in-services.
7. Quality-Contributes to quality of clinical services through maintenance of valid & reliable records of patient procedures & progress. Participates in quality improvement initiatives with the clinical specialist and other healthcare professionals. Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts in conjunction with the department director.
● Graduation from an accredited Occupational Therapy program.
● Licensed as an Occupational Therapist in the state of North Carolina.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: ACC Occupational Therapy
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
Salary Range: $32.23 - $40.29 per hour (minimum to midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.