Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC WakeBrook, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 94364
Location: Goldsboro, NC
Facility/Division: Wayne UNC Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
The Supervisor Food and Nutrition directly supervises food service associates and coordinates routine work activities and operations of the Food Services and Nutrition team. This individual provides support to management in the daily oversight of key functions and employees during the normal course of business. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
Minimum Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Prior supervisory experience preferred.
• Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of staff and resources.
• Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential. •
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude. •
• Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect. •
• Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives. •
• Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees. •
• Ability to use a computer. •
• Willingness to be open to learning and growing. •
• Maturity of judgment and behavior. •
• Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance. •
• Maintains a positive attitude. •
• Ability to work a flexible schedule. •
• Must comply with any dress code requirements. •
• Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays. •
• Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity •
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English.
• Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours) • Proficient with MS Office and able to learn new software rapidly.
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Legal Employer: Wayne Health
Entity: Wayne UNC Health Care
Organization Unit: Food&Nutr Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: WAYNE MED
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.