Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 101496
Location: Eden, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Preference Card Coordinator is responsible for managing, analyzing, and continually improving the preference card process at division-wide level. This role is designed for emerging preoperative leaders as a manager of resources and processes. The role will have substantial impacts on cost-saving and revenue enhancement initiatives for Surgical Services and support staff satisfaction with improved efficiency.
1. Preference Card Lists- Manages Physician preference lists, procedures and procedure groupings, and all supplies, medications, equipment and instruments required for each surgical procedure in a main and children’s operating room, ambulatory surgery center, and community hospital OR setting. Maintains clinical competencies in support and understanding of how preference cards impact all aspects of clinical operations, from case pick to intraoperative documentation and supply put away. Manages global changes to all preference cards based upon changes to vendor contracts, equipment upgrades, and healthcare system standardization efforts.
2. Training- Assists in training OR staff in proper preference card usage and change request communications. Serves as liaison between end-users, vendors, and information services for application issues.
3. Scheduling- Works with scheduling office and service coordinators to determine appropriate preference cards for scheduled cases. Reviews schedule for accuracy and adjusts supplies appropriately.
4. Preference Card Program- Analyzes preference card management reports to determine Surgeon procedural standardization and variability. Advocates for clinical improvements based upon objective/historical findings. Provides clinical suggestions to improve standardization and create cost-savings. Conducts annual reviews with each Surgeon and corresponding Clinical Service Manager to review Surgeon’s most frequently used preference cards. Provides feedback to each Surgeon on the agreed upon changes.
● Requires High School diploma or GED. Graduation from an accredited Surgical Technology program.
● No licensure is required
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Three (3) years of surgical tech experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Epic Optime or other OR preference card systems
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Rockingham Health Care
Organization Unit: RHC Surgical Svcs
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 36.00
Salary Range: $20.03 - $24.80 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type:
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Eden
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.