Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 96764
Location: Lenoir, NC
Facility/Division: Shared Services
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
The Director HR Business Partner functions as a strategic liaison between the business and Human Resources. Serves as a trusted partner to plan, coordinate, and implement HR activities for UNC Caldwell to align with the organizational strategy and goals. Responsible for providing advice, coaching, counsel and problem solving to leaders and teammates. Provide the focal point to deliver human resources solutions in partnership with HR centers of excellence. Builds and maintains effective working relationships across the client groups as well as within the HR team.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. HR Strategic Business Partner - As a strategic partner, the Director HR Business Partner plays a key role in HR and business operations management at Caldwell. The Director HR Business Partner develops practical solutions that are responsive to the needs, responsibilities and objectives of Caldwell and consistent with the HR strategy of the UNC Health Care System. The Director HR Business Partner is a business leader that facilitates the development and implementation of better people management and development practices, and shares responsibility for goals and deliverables. Serves as an expert consultant to management on human resources related issues while acting as a teammate champion and change agent.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Provides an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts. Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately. Works to improve and reinforce performance of others. Delegates assignments, clarifies expectations and holds others accountable for achieving results related to their area of responsibility. Encourages workforce engagement by building a commitment to excellence. Works collaboratively toward solutions that accomplish organizational objectives for the client and the Health Care System.
3. Leading Change - Initiates and manages the change process, taking steps to remove barriers or accelerate its pace. Communicates a compelling vision and need for change that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to the process. Clearly communicates the direction, required performance, and challenges of change to all involved parties. Identifies and enlists the support of key individuals and groups to move the change forward. Obtains and provides resources to implement change initiatives. Serves as a role model within the client organization by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Makes decisions that produces high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Delivers high-quality services and demonstrates commitment to continuous improvement. Understands the overall financial performance of Caldwell and Health Care System and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor overall financial status of operations.
● Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● Seven (7) years of experience in Human Resources, with at least five (5) years experience as a HR Business Partner or an equivalent role. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Understands and appropriately applies principles, procedures, requirements, regulations, and policies related to specialized expertise.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: HR Business Partners
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Lenoir
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.