Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 114947
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Faculty Physicians
Status: Full Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Manager position responsible for the daily operations of Patient Access Center. Under the direction of the Director and in conjunction with outpatient leaders, Manager will help to assure Access, Referral, and Templating targets are obtained and lead improvement efforts to that result in goal attainment. Clinic Manager will be tasked with optimizing and standardizing scheduling and intake practices across multiple clinics in order to create a consistent and enhanced patient experience. Assists with developing specific departmental standards and objectives which directly support the achievement of organizational access goals. Organization goals include Referral Conversion Rate, Time to Third, Scheduled Utilization, Telephone Service Levels, etc. Successfully implements latest technology into daily workflows to support patient access. Manages staff relations including performance management, staff satisfaction, and conflict management. Ensures high standards of patient satisfaction, quality of service, and financial stewardship.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Practice Access – Responsible for the management of and maintaining the HCS principles to ensure access to services, efficiency of scheduling, and supporting patient and interdepartmental direct scheduling.
2. Leading People - Leads people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Ensures that departmental goals match those of the organization and that resources are allocated to meet priorities. Establishes an environment that creates incentives for, and eliminates barriers to, a team environment. Articulates common goals and communicates how individual roles contribute to team success.
3. Leading Change - Proactively assesses the need for change and obtains resources to implement change initiatives. Communicates effectively and appropriately. Takes action to ensure that employees fully understand their roles, responsibilities and performance standards/expectations and provides ongoing feedback and support. Treats everyone in a manner that demonstrates fairness and consistency. Serves as a role model by demonstrating commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in organizational performance.
4. Results Driven - Exceeds departmental and organizational goals and customer expectations. Participates in decision making that produce high-quality results by applying knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks. Consistently conveys that customers are the highest priority. Communicates in a manner that promotes and sustains customer satisfaction and encourages others to do the same. Understands the overall financial performance of the organization and applies financial concepts and practices to establish and maintain realistic budgets. Uses financial information to monitor budgetary responsibilities.
5. Strategic Planning - Actively participates in the overall vision, mission, direction, goals and objectives of the department. Participates in the strategic planning process, establishes and achieves long range goals, and ensures the implementation of strategic business plans.
*EPIC Experience highly preferred.
● Master's degree or Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, Health Administration, Nursing or related field.
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Master's degree: Three (3) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
● If a Bachelor's degree: Seven (7) years of experience in a health care setting, including one (1) year of experience in a supervisory role.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Faculty Physicians
Organization Unit: FP PAC operations pay
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $32.23 - $40.29 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.