Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 116478
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Medical Center
Status: Full Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides prompt, accurate service in the sales recording at point-of-service operations within UNC Hospitals. The position has significant direct contact with the public including hospital employees, medical staff, university students and the general public such as visitors, friends and family of patients.
1. Assists in the maintenance of vendor products through merchandising efforts and assists in the maintenance of customer support activities in the dining areas including but not limited to preparing and serving food, tray preparation, restocking, adding ice to soda machines, brewing/transfer of coffee, and cleaning/sanitizing kitchen equipment, utensils and work areas.
2. Follows all safety and security measures as prescribed in the handling of cash receipts and adheres to all departmental requirements for compliance with the hospital?s Safety Department.
3. Maintains or enhances the self-esteem of customers during transactions and tolerates negative events when conflicting priorities are present. Communicates effectively with most age groups when dealing with the public.
4. Maintains the required cash handling standards set in the cashier?s manual. Maintains the requirements for a sanitation grade A by enforcing proper sanitation practices.
5. Marginal job functions include 1) providing Daily, Weekly or Monthly cash register reports to the department as required through scheduling 2) compiling and maintaining the financial documents necessary for the audit of sales receipts in a timely manner.
6. Records sales in the proper manner, completing transactions by receipt of cash or approved meal tickets and by check from approved clients. Properly addresses and directs concerns and complaints brought to their attention by customers.
Looking for a sneak peek into a career with the Nutrition and Food Services team? Hear from our teammates about their career growth and what they enjoy about working at UNC Health: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brMGmyUDKr4
● High School diploma or GED
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● One (1) year of experience as a cashier or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Legal Employer: STATE
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: NFS Retail Services
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Salary Range: $17.00 - $23.46 per hour (Hiring Range)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This is a State position employed by UNC Health Care System.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.