Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
Job ID: 116733
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC Physicians Network
Status: Part Time
Shift: Day Job
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides professional medical services to patients.
1. Provides professional medical services to patients.
2. Exercises independent professional judgment in the care and treatment of patients.
3. Orders and prescribes medical treatment, diagnostic testing, nursing care and other health and medical services. Prescribes medically appropriate pharmaceuticals.
4. Consults and counsels with patients and families. Provides health and medical education to patients and families.
5. Refers patients as needed to appropriate medial specialists and other health care professionals to assure appropriate multidisciplinary care is provided.
6. Documents medical and clinical care in the patient's medial record. Assigns the appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes to permit third party insurance billing.
7. Supervises other medical professionals.
8. Adheres to the principles of medical ethics.
Please contact Laura Oakes at [email protected] or 336-710-7986.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC Physicians Network
Organization Unit: UNC Family Med at West Raleigh
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.