Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
**This referral program is applicable to teammates within UNC Health's core facilities and divisions. This includes UNC Health Caldwell, UNC Health Chatham, UNC Health Alliance, UNC Hospitals (UNC Medical Center, UNC Hillsborough, and UNC Faculty Physicians), UNC Health Johnston, UNC Physicians Network, UNC Health Rex, UNC Rex Holly Springs, UNC Health Rockingham, and Shared Services.**
Current teammates, looking to refer someone? Check out our Teammate Referral Program to earn extra cash!
Current teammates, please ensure that you submit your candidate in our system, before they apply. For teammate referral guidelines and eligibility, click here.
This job posting is no longer active.
Job ID: 102710
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: UNC REX Healthcare
Status: Part Time
Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Provides safe transportation for patients between nursing units and to and from diagnostic and treatment areas. Additional responsibilities include other indirect patient care activities such as maintaining a clean, well-stocked work environment in the assigned area. Work is performed under the close supervision of a hospital supply technician or a member of the nursing staff.
1. Assists health professionals as appropriate to assigned work area
2. Ensures that medical equipment necessary for patient transport is clean, functional and operational. Reports any equipment malfunctions to supervisor.
3. Helps maintain a clean and safe work environment.
4. Procures, processes, and/or delivers equipment, supplies, nourishments, and other resources to the assigned area on a routine basis and during emergency situations
5. Transports patients (whose conditions range from stable to highly complex with special equipment needs) to other nursing units, to diagnostic and treatment areas, and for discharge from the Hospitals.
● None required.
● Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Provider certification required within thirty (30) days of hire.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● No prior experience required.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
● Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos, and the ability to write simple correspondence.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: UNC REX Healthcare
Organization Unit: Rex Central Patient Transport
Work Type: Part Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 20.00
Salary Range: $17.00 - $20.40 per hour (Minimum to Midpoint)
Pay offers are determined by experience and internal equity
Work Assignment Type: Onsite
Work Schedule: Variable
Location of Job: US:NC:Raleigh
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No
This position is employed by NC Health (Rex Healthcare, Inc., d/b/a NC Health), a private, fully-owned subsidiary of UNC Heath Care System. This is not a State employed position.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC Health makes reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as applicants and employees with disabilities. All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please email [email protected] if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
UNC Health and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, status as a protected veteran or political affiliation.
All interested applicants are invited to apply for career opportunities. Please refer to our Employment Application Accessibility page if you need a reasonable accommodation to search and/or to apply for a career opportunity.
To verify employment eligibility, UNC Health is committed to Form I-9 and the E-Verify process.