This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
The Active Directory Architect is a critical member of the UNC Health Care Architecture team responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of the Active Directory architecture and technology solutions. This position assists in the development and refinement of technical architectural principles and standards that support current and future business goals. The AD Architect is the technical leader responsible for technical oversight of Active Directory including forest consolidations, security best practices, standards, GPO design, disaster recovery and architecture documentation. Position serves as escalation resource for key infrastructure services and participates in on-call rotation supporting a numerous infrastructure services hosted in multiple data centers.
- AD Design and planning experience in large environments
- Group Policy design, implement, and support
- Proven experience with best practices tied to AD security, performance, scripting, and backup and recovery
- Active Directory hands-on experience in a multi-site/multi-domain/multi-forest environment
- Experience with AD enterprise certificate services, AD federation services, and identity manager
- Experience with Active Directory consolidations/migrations (ADMT)
- Experience running Active Directory health check
- Create and maintain architectural reference documentation
- Support Privileged access management tools and processes to ensure “least privilege” model is applied
- Provide technical leadership for Active Directory and other security domains/ concepts for team members and others across the organization
- SCCM implementation and design experience in large environments
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education,
training and experience).
● No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Three (3) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Seven (7) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Eleven (11) years of direct experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Requirements:
● Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage
multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
· 6+ years of experience with Windows client/server networking including Windows domain and authentication, Active Directory, logon scripts, policies, client and network security, name resolution and time synchronization services.
· 6+ years of experience with server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating system upgrades and migrations, and strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software.
· 6+ years of experience with IP, DHCP, DNS and Ethernet networks.
· 6+ years of experience with Active Directory design, GPO management, and security best practices
Any of the following certifications: Microsoft (MCSE), ITIL certification,
· Experience with Active Directory design
· Experience with SCCM design and implementation
· Experience with Active Directory forest migrations/consolidations methods and tools
· Experience with Microsoft GPOs
· Experience with Authentication methods
· Knowledge of ITIL and Enterprise Architecture (EA) principles and processes
· Client focused approach with strong interpersonal skills and close attention to detail
· Must have the ability to work well with a team and be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
· Ability and desire to learn and support a variety of systems quickly
· Advanced troubleshooting skills
· Good time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work varying hours and shifts including holidays, weekends and on-call 24 hours/day shifts.
· Effectively communicate issues and resolutions per organization policy and practices