Joining UNC Health Care system means you’ll become part of an inclusive organization with a mission to improve the health and well-being of the diverse communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
The HCS Apps Systems Analyst position provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support business functions across the health system. The responsibilities of this position include project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, code development, problem resolution and vendor coordination.
Description of Duties:
1. Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified computer programs, solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
2. Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification,
as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs,
solutions, reports and interfaces.
3. Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks,
projects and issues, via written or oral reports
4. Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed
solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to
meet business standardization protocols and objectives. May provide guidance to Applications System Analysts to ensure
best practices, standard methodologies and processes are executed.
5. Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide
initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
Professional Experience Requirements:
● If a Bachelor's degree: Two (2) years of direct experience.
● If an Associate's degree: Six (6) years of direct experience.
● If a High School diploma or GED: Ten (10) years of direct experience.
IT experience in a health care environment supporting surgical servicesand/or Anesthesia preferred
Epic Optime and Anesthesia certification and build experience preferred.
- excellent analytical and communication skills
- ability to work well in a team environment
- demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- highly responsive to internal customers
The applicant must be willing to provide support in a 24/7 environment which will include rotating on-call support duties during off hours, weekends and holidays. Work schedules may include some after hours and weekend assignments based on project demands.