Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: NUR00QW7
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Facility/Division: UNC MEDICAL CENTER
Shift: Day Job
We are seeking an experienced, energetic, working manager to oversee the day to day operations of Urology Procedures, consisting of 2 Cysto ORs, 2 local procedure rooms, and 1 urodynamic procedure room. Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional nursing processes, excellent communication, and successful leadership skills and will serve as a role model for professional nursing practice.
Our ideal candidate should be able to work well under pressure and possess excellent problem solving skills and self-motivation. This position is responsible for: ensuring that appropriate care and services are available to patients and families, ensuring adequate and appropriate clinical staffing on each shift, supervision of nursing and support staff, assistance with annual performance reviews of staff, participation in quality improvement initiatives to address identified patient safety or quality of care issues, providing and facilitating an environment conducive to staff continuing education needs, on-going unit-based educational needs and orientation of staff members.
1. Clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care. Supervises team of professionals which may include nursing staff, surg-techs, SPD techs, and possible MAs.
2. Patient Care - Ensures that appropriate care and services are available to patients / clients and families. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration in patient/client care planning. Ensures appropriate clinical staffing and skill mix for patient care.
3. Human Resource Services - Effectively manages human resources. Creates an environment conducive to recruiting and retaining staff. Applies organizational policy and procedures in hiring, promoting, transferring and terminating staff. Provides staff with annual performance feedback and opportunity to set professional goals. Integrates scientific evidence regarding retention of nursing staff into unit planning.
4. Accreditation Issues - Ensures that internal and external regulatory standards or nursing practice are met or exceeded. This includes organizational policy and procedures as well as state, JCAHO, Board of Nursing and other specified accrediting bodies. Standards of practice will reflect integration of current scientific evidence.
5. Budget Management - Effectively uses clinical and financial information to establish and meet budgetary goals. Implements strategies to increase revenue and cost-effectively manage personnel, supply, and equipment resources. Evaluates the impact of strategic fiscal changes on quality outcomes.
6. Customer Satisfaction - Ensures high customer satisfaction. Communicates patient satisfaction results, letters and comments to staff and leads monthly initiatives to improve consumer satisfaction with care and services. Advocates for consumers within the organization, particularly for vulnerable or at risk populations.
6. Quality Improvement- Leads and participated in quality improvement initiatives that focus on identified patient safety or quality of care deficits
7. Education-Creates an educational environment conducive to student learning, staff continuing education, and orientation of new staff members. Accountable for annual competency evaluation of staff that ensures staff has the knowledge and skills to care for the specified patient population.
Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) from a state-accredited school of professional nursing. Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of North Carolina. Eighteen (18) months of professional nursing experience in a tertiary care setting to include didactic and clinical experience in the area of assignment.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.