Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: LAB0064C
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Status: Per Diem
BASIC JOB DUTIES ARE AS FOLLOWS:
* Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
* Performs, analyzes, interprets and evaluates medical laboratory tests using automated and manual procedures according to established protocols in order to obtain accurate information for use in patient assessment.
* Maintains and reports accurate test results using documented communication channels.
* Performs and monitors quality control and comparison studies as needed to ensure accurate test performance.
* Performs preventive maintenance and basic troubleshooting of laboratory equipment as required.
*Troubleshoots instruments/equipment and requests service calls if necessary.
*Responsible for training, education and required reading.
Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MLS/MT(ASCP) or MT(AMT) certified or eligible. If eligible, must complete the MLS/MT certification within 3 years of date of hire.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.