Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: LIC002WH
Location: Apex, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Shift: Night Job
Licensed Practical Nurse/RCCC
Location: Apex, NC
Hours: Three 8 hour shifts per week 11pm-7am, every other weekend requirement
• Maintains an environment of safety for patients, self and others.
• Performs designated job duties under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
• Participates in the development of an individualized interdisciplinary plan of care.
• Implements the individualized interdisciplinary plan of care according to biophysical, psycho-social and age specific needs.
• Monitors patient/resident outcomes and reports abnormal findings to the Assistant Clinical Manager/Supervisor.
• Administers specified medications according to established standards and policies.
• Documents patient's status according to unit specific procedure.
• Maintains educational requirements as required by the Board of Nursing.
• Documents according to federal and state regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned while maintaining the LPN scope of practice.
• Maintains competence with use of patient care equipment and with rehabilitation procedures and programs.
• Demonstrates, on a daily basis, competence with use of patient care equipment and medication administration techniques.
• Demonstrates, on a daily basis, competence and knowledge of rehabilitation procedures, equipment and program goals.
• Passes annual nursing competencies at 85%.
Completion of an accredited practical nursing program.
Required licensure : BCLS, LPN NC LIC
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.