Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: PHA006QT
Location: Morrisville, NC
Facility/Division: SHARED SERVICES
Shift: Day Job
Position: Outpatient Pharmacy Technician II
Location: Lenovo Building / Morrisville
Hours: Full Time, 40 hrs/wk; Days
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies). Employees of an entity managed by UNC Health Care are external candidates and will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. if selected for the role.
The 340B Pharmacy Technician II is responsible for completing maintenance tasks that are necessary to maintain compliance with 340B program requirements across all areas at UNC Hospitals, as related to the 340B Drug Pricing Program.
The 340B Pharmacy Technician II will:
· Assist with data collection for compliance audit reports
· Perform adjustments in the accumulator related to multiple HCPCS processes, waste capture, audit reversals, RNC reversals, MAP and PAP bulk reversals and others as needed
· Process manufacturer refunds and aggregate data for month end and year end reports
· Respond to manufacturer dropship requests and Tricare verification requests
· Perform manual split ordering and invoice deductions
· Monitor inventory reports for contract pharmacies and identify negative accumulations
· Monitor and respond to open items in the paper claims queue
· Monitor location mapping tools in the accumulator to identify new locations flowing through the system
· Maintain documentation of tasks and update staffing guide
· Assist with monitoring 340B Program email as directed
· Assist in annual external program audits
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
The 340B Pharmacy Technician II should demonstrate strength with the following skills:
· Attention to detail
AREAS OF TRAINING
The 340B Pharmacy Technician II training upon employment will include:
· Demonstration of 340B Drug Pricing Program components and regulations per the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
· Detailed understanding of processes within Pharmacy Supply Chain, Ambulatory Pharmacy, Pharmacy Operations, Reimbursement, and Finance
· HIPAA and OSHA Compliance
Two years of work experience in related field (Business, Accounting, Finance, Supply Chain)
· Proficiency in utilization of pertinent computer software (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc…)
· Previous pharmacy technician experience (or other closely related healthcare background)
QualificationsHigh School Diploma or GED. Completion of an academic pharmacy technician training program preferred. Prior pharmacy technician experience is preferred.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.