Thank you for your continued interest in career opportunities with UNC Health! Please note the following:
Select a UNC Health entity below to log-in and get started.
Need further assistance? Please submit a request through the myHR Portal.
Current UNC Health Employees, learn about our Discovery Employee Referral Program! If you’re referring someone through our Discovery Employee Referral Program, please be sure to submit your referral before your referral applies.
Job ID: OTH01PK1
Location: Raleigh, NC
Facility/Division: REX HEALTHCARE
Shift: Day Job
The Care Coordinator is responsible for care coordination along the cancer continuum, interdisciplinary care planning and psycho-social consultation for the outpatient oncology patient population.
RN, BSN or higher is highly preferred and will be given preference.
Description of Job Responsibilities:
1. Actively leads or participates in departmental, service line and/or organization quality improvement initiatives to ensure patient, departmental and organizational goals/outcomes are met or exceeded.
2. Reports issues and system barriers for efficient and effective transition management to a member of the Leadership/Management team per policy.
3. Performs comprehensive outpatient case management screening/assessment for all patients per departmental policy and appropriately identifies potential care planning and/or psycho-social needs.
4. Partners with the physicians and interdisciplinary team to coordinate patient's treatment and post treatment plan to ensure all critical elements have been addressed and patient is moved to the appropriate next level of care.
5. Utilizes critical thinking skills to proactively identify and appropriately address medically complex and/or psychosocial related comprehensive care barriers.
6. Actively participates in Oncology Case Conferences, Huddles and Interdisciplinary rounds to address identified barriers so that the patient can be moved through the care continuum in a timely manner.
7. Initiates and facilitates referrals for care to include home health, transportation, supportive pharmaceuticals, community resources, Hospice and others in a timely manner and is knowledgeable of benefits.
8. Collaborates with the other Care Coordinators, Triage Nurses, and Physicians to ensure congruence among the patient's condition, physician's level of care order and billing status.
9. Adheres to all pertinent accreditation guidelines, organizational and departmental standards, and community agencies on the screening of patients, implementation of interventions, and care coordination.
10. Monitors appropriate outcome metrics such as interventions on positive screenings, compliance of care, and timely and supportive care referrals. Involved in process improvement initiatives to develop strategies to improve outcomes.
11. Communicates care coordination involvement through thorough documentation in the electronic medical record and by verbal interactions with the physicians, interdisciplinary team, patient and family.
Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Registered Nurse. Minimum of two (2) years of experience in outpatient care management along the oncology continuum is highly desired. Equivalent experience may be considered.
Valid North Carolina Nursing License for any BSN.
The UNC Health System and the UNC School of Medicine are committed to valuing all people throughout our organization, regardless of background, lifestyle, and culture. A diverse and inclusive work environment for staff and culturally appropriate care for our patients, are essential to fulfilling our UNC Health vision of improving the health of all North Carolinians.
UNC Health is an equal opportunity employer. As such, UNC Health offers equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or political affiliation.