OverviewUNC Cancer Care at Nash is seeking a full time, licensed PA or NP
to assist in the clinic and hospital setting.
The Danny Talbott Cancer Center brings comprehensive cancer services under one roof, including hematology/medical oncology, radiation oncology, infusion services, clinic research, and other support programs. The teams offer support from diagnosis, through treatment, to survivorship and comfort care. Patients benefit from the most innovative research and groundbreaking clinical trials of UNC's academic medical center and coordination of care between Nash oncologists and cancer specialists at UNC, without having to leave our community. Job Description
PA Job Qualifications
- The Advanced Practice Provider will provide comprehensive care to patients for Hematology/Oncology patients.
- Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team, using advanced clinical skills to manage a caseload of patients.
- Staff full-day clinics as assigned; Assess, diagnose, initiate delegated medical treatments, perform independent nursing interventions and evaluate care.
- Document history and physical examination and changes in management according to government guidelines in the outpatient clinic, including assigned as well as work-in oncology/hematology sick clinic and infusion reaction patients.
- Serve as an extension of the physician(s) by supporting staff clinical care questions.
- Carry out standing orders or other orders delineated by the supervising physician for specific patients. Prescribes any necessary drugs under the direction of the supervising physician and in accordance to the UNCPN APP policy. Prescribes medication as permitted by the N.C. Board of Medical Examiners and/or the N.C. Board of Nursing.
- Attend weekly conferences and yearly continuing education courses to keep abreast of hematology/oncology patient management, and as required by licensing body and medical staff bylaws.
- Provide a model of care that is shaped by theory, expanded by science, research and reflective practice and is identified by a holistic and comprehensive approach to the patients.
- Review new benign hematology referrals for appropriate provider scheduling utilization.
- Support Advanced Care Planning patient appointments and development, as assigned.
- Complete bone marrow biopsies, as assigned.
- Take weekend 1st call once per month, at minimum.
- Complete inpatient consults as assigned, including coordinating communication, labs, and imaging work-ups as indicated
- Evaluate patients in the Emergency Department provided that the patient is also evaluated by the supervising physician prior to discharge.
- Help arrange diagnostic tests, infusion services, follow-up on tests, and other patient care issues.
- As part of duties, perform reporting for government agencies, chart review, refill prescriptions, and answer phone calls for patients for whom the APP is involved.
- Participate in clinical trial enrollment, as assigned.
Successful completion of an accredited Physician Assistant program and certification by the National Commission on the Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). One year of clinical experience required. Current BCLS and NC PA LicenseNP Job Qualifications
Successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner training program and certification by a national credentialing body (ANCC or AANP). Three years of nursing experience in a clinical setting. BCLS, Nurse Practitioner Licensed, RN NC LICUNCPN offers competitive salary and benefits for qualified applicants.Nash UNC Health Care, a managed affiliate of UNC Health Care
, is a non-profit 272 bed acute care facility with award winning specialty services. For more information about our hospital and campus, visit www.nashunchealthcare.org.